Long-Term Field Experiments: Lift the agricultural data treasure!
Long-term field experiments (LTEs) are agricultural experiments for monitoring soil and crop properties in changing climate conditions and different management practices. Within the framework of the BonaRes (www.bonares.de) program, a data infrastructure has been developed to collect and process the meta-information and research data of LTEs. In this regard, LTEs with a minimum duration of 20 years in Germany and Europe have been continuously identified and processed since 2015. The BonaRes initiative aims to improve the reuse of LTE data and facilitate scientific collaborations through the networking of researchers. With this workshop we want to bring LTE data owners and users together with the goal to “lift the agricultural data treasure”.
Date and Venue
The workshop will be organized on
8-9 November 2022 at the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Research (ZALF) in Müncheberg, Germany.
No registration fee is required.
Scope of the Event
Presenting the activities and advantages in publishing and using LTE data, including:
- Demonstration of the BonaRes Centre’s LTE activities including the LTE overview map
- Practical showcasing for reusing LTE data
- Assisting LTE owners with data publishing
- Initiation of cooporations
It will comprise the exchange of experiences of (a) LTE data providers including the process for publishing LTE data in the BonaRes Repository and (b) selected data users (i.e. modellers). The workshop will be held in English and/or German upon demand.
- Prof. Dr. Kurt Christian Kersebaum (Georg-August-University Göttingen)
- Prof. Dr. Hans-Peter Piepho (Hohenheim University)
- Prof. Dr. Janna Macholdt (Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg)
- Prof. Dr. Timo Kautz (Humboldt University-Berlin)
- Dr. Richard Ostler (Rothamsted Research, UK)
- Dr. Tommy D’Hose (EJPSOIL, Flanders Research Institute for Agriculture-ILVO)
- Dr. Moritz Reckling (Leibniz-Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research-ZALF)
- Dr. Cenk Dönmez (Leibniz-Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research-ZALF)
- Dr. Sara König (Environmental Research Center-UFZ)
- LTE- owners who provided LTE- data to the repository or who consider to do so in the future.
- BonaRes researchers who use or wish to use LTE data for their ModuleA projects,
- LTE data users who can exemplify experiences and expectations of the repository,
- Researchers to share their experiences with the BonaRes Centre and project.
- Deadline for registration: 12 October 2022 (Participation is limited to 50 participants. Please register as soon as possible)
- Deadline for hotel booking: 12 October 2022
- Workshop: 8-9 November 2022
Rooms have been reserved in the following hotels:
Please book directly (email, telephone) at one of the following hotels and mention “ZALF-LTE” with your booking until 12 October 2022
- Hotel Bergschlösschen, Königstraße 38, 15377 Buckow, Tel: 03 34 33/ 573 12, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten, Ringstraße 5-6, 15377 Buckow (Märkische Schweiz), Tel: 033433 151390, www.vierjahreszeiten-buckow.de
- Hotel Märkische Schweiz, Hauptstraße 73, 15377 Buckow (Märkische Schweiz), Tel: 033433 464, email@example.com
- ZALF LTE service:
- Cenk Dönmez:
- Wilfried Hierold:
How to reach ZALF
From Berlin, take federal road B1 towards Frankfurt (Oder) and exit at Müncheberg, then continue for around 3 km towards Eberswalde
Starting at Berlin Hauptbahnhof (main station), take the S5 or S7 suburban train and change at Berlin-Lichtenberg to RB26, direction Kostrzyn (PL), leave the train at Müncheberg station. Next to the station, take bus 939 direction Müncheberg-Stadt. Get off at bus stop Müncheberg, ZALF (one stop).